header

Image Map

Thursday 9 July 2015

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Pyjama Party!


It’s been fourteen years since ‘The Princess Diaries’ was released, eleven since ‘Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement’ and one day since I last quoted ‘I’m a Princess. SHUT-UP!’ The films protagonist; Mia Thermopolis paved the way for girls like me. And I’m not talking about frizzy haired and unconfident, I mean undiscovered royalty. Duh! After all, life isn’t some Hollywood chick flick where the teen with the scrunchie gets a makeover and becomes the crown princess of Genovia. I am proud to say I’ve never owned a scrunchie. (If you don’t believe me, just read my resume). Ever since I saw the film, I vowed for my 21st birthday I was going to have a giant slumber party with mattress surfing and mnm pizza just like in the movie.
Sleepovers with your friends make for some of the best all-nighter candy fuelled girl bonding sessions. That’s when you find out the best gossip in rounds of Truth or Dare (although I have a bad habit of constantly choosing dare, which always gets foiled in the end). ‘I dare you to tell me truthfully how many guys you’ve kissed’.
Afterwards we toss-up between the same chick flicks we’ve watched a hundred times;  Mean Girls, Clueless and Sisterhood of The Travelling Pants­ – which makes me question; how did a pair of pants fit all four girls? Were they jeggings? To this day it remains a mystery to me what guys do at sleepovers. I suppose I shouldn’t guess though, since all of the slumber parties I’ve attended have been a far cry from Victoria’s Secret angel’s pillow fighting in their underwear that they imagine.  

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment