header

Image Map

Sunday 5 July 2015

I'm With The Band

For the inner rock n roll Jesus in all of us, here is my fashion ensemble that will have everyone believe you’re with the band. 
I'm With The Band - Rocker Chic
I'm With The Band - Rocker Chic by gabriellecapes 
h
In the third grade, while all of my friends decided to do their school projects on; the life cycle of butterflies, The Solar System and the gold rush, I chose to research Canadian band ‘Simple Plan’. They had that iconic 2005 rock vibe that I loved; low rung cargo pants, mohawks and Converse sneakers. During what can only be coined as my ‘Simple Plan’ phase, I painted my nails black (which my strict Catholic school teachers saw as the ultimate act of moral sin after murder and adultery, and my parents saw as the first step to a life behind bars). After I started wearing black bracelets, it became obvious that I belonged at St. Trinian’s. I also begged my mum to let me learn the drums or electric guitar, eventually compromising on classical piano. (That’s how compromise works in my house. As my mother always says ‘it’s my way or the highway’). It’s okay though because I love the piano, and I mean, Beethoven’s 7th Symphony is just as bad-ass. Am I right? My love of rock music at a young age also made me want to join a band. We were going to call ourselves ‘Pink Ink’ and be the next big thing. We realised after our first rehearsal however, that we had 3 singers, 1 beginner pianist and a roadie. Even though ‘Pink Ink’ never became the chart-topping, Aria award winning girl rock band we’d envisioned, I’ve come to realise that it was the fashion, and not the music I was most drawn to. So for the inner rock n roll Jesus in all of us, here is my fashion ensemble that will have everyone believe you’re with the band!
White crop t shirt
16 AUD - newlook.com



Blank Denim black ripped jeans
115 AUD - shopbop.com


Yves Saint Laurent clothing
1 350 AUD - farfetch.com


Giuseppe Zanotti black lace up booties
2 140 AUD - shopbop.com


Yves Saint Laurent mini satchel
2 525 AUD - harrods.com



Dolce Gabbana red lip makeup
49 AUD - saksfifthavenue.com


Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment