header

Image Map

Saturday 18 July 2015

I Believe in Pink

Sugar and spice and all things nice: that's what little girls are made of... NOT!

Metro Goldwyn Mayer's 'Legally Blonde'



As high school draws to a close, I don’t have a clue what career path I should take. So naturally, I reached straight for a magazine quiz 'Find out your Perfect Career' to solve the idle adolescent drama that is centre stage in my life. Fluffy pink gel pens in hand, my step brother and I (yes, he insisted on also finding out his future career), began circling our answers. 

Question 1)You’ve got your BFFs party on tonight, but disatser strikes! You don’t know what to wear. Do you:
A)    Pick whatever you can find off your floor
B)    That would never happen! You’ve had the perfect outfit planned for in your journal for weeks!
C)    Don’t worry about it. All the cute boys are near the fire anyway or
Ughhh I’d rather stay in and watch Netflix than go to this lame as party any day

Question 2) Which 1D lyrics do you relate to most?
A)    You don’t know you’re beautiful
Do I really have to answer this?

Question 3) Which Spice Girl are you most similar to? 
A)    Baby Spice
B)    Posh Spice
C)    Sporty Spice 
D)    Ginger Spice
      Im sorry, but what career requires you to have flaming red hair, except acting as Annie in a broadway musical? And I'm much too old to ever be cast as a child orphan. 

Fourteen questions later and we'd answered mostly D’s with a few B's, meaning we're both a Social Sally!
‘You’re the gal whose smile can light up any workplace. Your talkative personality and confidence makes you perfect for a career as a zumba instructor, nail salon receptionist or personal assistant to the stars!’

40 years from now I’ll look back on this moment wonder what my life would have been like if I’d chosen mostly A’s.

If there's any career woman I aspire to be like, it's Elle Woods. She taught me from the moment I first watched ‘Legally Blonde’ that you succeed in any career, as long as you’re smart, true to yourself and you have a great sense of style! Elle didn’t bow down to the business conservative attire. And quite frankly, I know I’d rather wear vomit! I think I’d like to be a lawyer. Or an editor-in-chief of a magazine, or a human rights activist or a garden gnome or a lion-slash-monkey. (I’m still deciding). And who can forget Elle’s overload of pink; it was her signature colour! Inspired by Miss Woods, I have compiled my all-time favourite pink make-up products, made by cosmetics brand Lancôme!

I Believe in Pink


Lancôme lancome fragrance
92 AUD - lancome-usa.com


Lancôme face care
34 AUD - macys.com


Lancôme nail polish
21 AUD - saksfifthavenue.com


Lancôme bright eyeshadow
68 AUD - bergdorfgoodman.com


Lancôme lancome lipstick
39 AUD - macys.com


Lancôme mascara
47 AUD - harveynichols.com


Lancôme lip gloss makeup
42 AUD - harveynichols.com



Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment