header

Image Map

Wednesday 17 June 2015

Go Figure

I know a lot about figure skating. I've seen Blades of Glory — twice. 

Photographed by: Eric Liebowitz for the CWs Gossip Girl
There’s something about ice-skating on a frozen lake that just screams New York. It also screams ‘Frozen’, (but that’s more to do with the overload of Disney advertising at Target wielding its intended effect than anything else). I’ve dreamed of going ice skating in Central park for as long as I can remember. One snowflake will gently drift down and land in the palm of my hand, unleashing some inner Michelle Kwan powers, allowing me to dominate the rink in a series of effortless loops. Like Barbie from Swan Lake. You’ve seen that movie right? 
Me neither.

I’d also be wearing this super cute Blair Waldorf-esque outfit (see above). Even though it’s probably -10 degrees and I'd probably freeze to death in tights and a skirt. I mean, at the very least I want to wear an Elsa dress. (God, I don't even like Frozen, I swear) like the one she made with her ice blasting/dress making/creating live snowmen powers. 

In real life I’m quite possibly the most uncoordinated person on the ice. One minute I’m skating and the next ‘I'm lying on the cold hard ground’. Taylor Swift really prepared me for this moment. 

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment