header

Image Map

Tuesday 11 August 2015

Game On!

View on Instagram here
Happy 50th Post! I mean *cough cough* 21st post! I figured I’d save myself the money buying a 'trying-to-be-funny-but-not-actually-funny' Hallmark greeting card, and instead take a look back on something that really makes me feel old; the sound of loose change pouring out of machines, and the retro ambient lights. I’m not talking about needing to check myself into gamblers anonymous (how is it anonymous anyway, when you begin by saying ‘I’m Gabby and I’ve got a gambling problem’)… I'm talking about ARCADES! Who could forget the nostalgic joy of squandering your parents hard earned money through repeated attempts at the claw machine, which NEVER actually retrieved the crappy plush toy. (I’m sceptical ever since I spotted a Finding Nemo toy still trapped inside, which has been there since the film’s release in 2003!!)

The sad truth is that people would much rather play video games, like my kid step brother Jasper, than go to an arcade. I swear if he falls over, the boy literally bleeds pixels. As a kid, the only video game I played was ‘3D Pinball Space Cadet’. If you don’t know what that is, please close your computer and go order off the kids menu, as you are probably too young to be reading this blog. Then also order me something as well. Everything is gradually becoming more and more engrossed in a virtual reality. I mean, couples used to meet IRL, and now they’re getting married having met on Club Penguin. Which would make for a really awkward wedding story, let me tell you. Inspired by the bold and bright colours of the arcade, I have selected a few fun pieces sure to add colour and excitement to however you may be spending your night; at the arcade, playing basketball or hitting up guys on Club Penguin… wait, what? 
Game On!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment