header

Image Map

Thursday 18 February 2016

Adventure Awaits

'I don't know about you but I'm feeling twenty-two'
Okay, not quite yet! But give me two years and every time someone asks me my age I'll be belting out these Taylor Swift lyrics


As I commence my 'twenty-something's', it seems like everyone's busy trying to create an Instagram worthy montage. Capturing everything from the heated atmosphere of a festival mosh pit, to the deep conversations held in the back seats on late night drives. It's like we are given ten years to explore, travel, fall in and out of love, let loose and create wild stories to tell kids at the dinner table. While simultaneously establish a stable career, a family and a home all by the time we are 30. 

Despite the modern day pressure to document a life worth Facebook stalking, its becoming more and more evident the need to disconnect ourselves from social media and enjoy life free of notifications. After all, the best memories are made spent with 'good friends on great adventures'. The memories I make in the next decade I'm sure will last a lifetime, but they wont define my lifetime. After all, your life doesn't start at 20 and end at 29. Needless to say like every 21st century kid, I will continue to document my life; broadcasting to the world what I'm having for dinner and the utter injustice of having the internet disconnected. I just hope I remember to watch the stars on a picnic rug late at night with the one I love, go on epic road trips, try the latest trends and styles that I will regret as much as noughties kids regret Crocs, travel to exotic countries, go on an insanely long hike, and live the adventures life has to offer. 

Even though I'm sure my twenties will wiz by like everyone tells me, I hope to use my camera as a 'save' button to capture as many memories as possible, so I'll always know adventure isn't far away no matter what my age. 


Apollo Bay- The Great Ocean Road 




Maroondah Reservoir 




I hope you enjoyed looking at snippets of places I've been so far as I'm sure there are many more to come.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment