header

Image Map

Thursday 5 February 2015

Orange is the new Black

I DO NOT want to go to jail. Firstly, they make you wear hideous jumpsuits that are orange. Orange is so not my colour. Secondly, the prison guards would use tons of proactive to prevent “break outs”, all while you’re stuck sharing a bar of communal soap between 15 inmates. I went on an excursion to a prison once; I was only in there for an hour. That’s longer than Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan combined. Trust me, I don’t even like the orange colour of peach pie (one of my much loved desserts), so the last thing I want in life is to share a jail cell with someone calling me “Peach Pie” while I braid her back hair. And do you know how dull it would be? I’m alone for 5 minutes, and I get so bored; I come this close to actually cleaning my rom. Lets face it, if I ever did go to prison, I’d want to look cute in my mug shot. I would turn myself in, just so I could at least make sure my hair and makeup was on point.
When I’m not thinking of jail cells, orange reminds me of horrible fake tans that make you look like you’ve rolled in a bag of cheesy puffs, or escaped from Wonka’s factory. Seriously, orange is for prisoners, Jet Star flight attendants and Velma from Scooby Doo. Teenage girls do not fall under that category, at least not in my mind.
However, my new year’s resolution to “try new things” (oh god, what am I getting myself into?) has extended to me buying something orange! Gasp! And I really do love it! It’s oh so summery and reminds me of tropical fruits and tangerines. Is it possible that a colour I once hated could really replace the timeless and classic beauty of black? 
Makeup and Photographs by: Eloise Hogan



***I AM wearing orange, believe it or not! Even though it looks like pink in the photos***
The verdict: So, is it possible that a colour I once hated could really replace the timeless and classic beauty of black?
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment