header

Image Map

Monday 5 January 2015

Paris is Always a Good Idea

Something Audrey Hepburn didn’t prepare me for was how often things look better in Hollywood than they really are. There’s something so incredibly illustrious about being in Fifth Avenue, sipping veuve clicquot cocktails and eating a box of Godiva chocolate truffles in the Palace Hotel lobby,  something that does not translate at all into the ‘real teens of Ringwood’ parties I’ve been to thus far. I don’t know about you, but I’d rather not spend my Sweet Sixteenth finding out people were fraternizing on my favourite sofa.
I’m going to need another drink to forget I just heard that - as if I haven’t heard all the possible excuses for getting drunk at sixteen:
“It’s medicinal…. Cramps!” And then dealing with our parents who say “Is she drunk?”
It’s like, I don’t know, would you like me to get you a urine sample?
Or take the wind flowing through your hair- expectation: instant glamour that renders you straight out of a 1940’s Old Hollywood movie. Reality: Wads of hair plastered to your face, a million strands working themselves into an enormous knot. What’s worse is when you’re wearing the wrong gloss, you know, the kind that looks wet but is really sticky?
It’s all fun and flirty until someone hacks up a hairball.
So, unfortunately unlike Gossip Girl’s Upper East Sider’s who charter a G5 and fly to France in incredible style; all while eating macaroons and wearing berets ***sidenote: If you don’t watch Gossip Girl I swear you are missing out on the BEST television show EVER*** I can’t go to the only place in the world where you can be a modern Marie Antoinette, dining at Drouant, and shopping at Yves Saint Laurent – ooh la la! Being in Paris is like dying and going to heaven (or so I’ve heard)… I surprisingly am still alive, and sadly, have not yet visited Paris. Sigh L Take a look at how you can add chic Parisian fashion into your wardrobe, if like me, you can’t be there in person.

As Audrey Hepburn wrote “Paris is always a good idea” and she couldn’t be more right!
Bisou Bisou (kiss kiss)










No comments:

Post a Comment