header

Image Map

Saturday 31 January 2015

A Little 'Lush'ury


Why is it that when we are younger, we get so excited by the smallest and most insignificant things in life? 
When I was about 8 and started having showers on a regular basis, and I thought they were just about the coolest thing ever. Showers meant I no longer had to get into my younger brothers dirty luke warm bath water, and didn't have to share my bathing experience with numerous 'Action Men', 'Barbies' and 'Little People' who had consequently been abandoned after their insides had started to rot (yes, it is literally as bad as it sounds). So to say when I discovered the shower it was "a relief" is possibly the biggest understatement of the year. I guess I fell in love with the fact it was like warm steaming rain running all over your body, physically removing the dirt. Showers also came with the added bonus of being able to write secret messages on the shower door to Mary-Kate and Ashley, pleading them to adopt me (which I consequently found out from my mum were not so secret) and made my cover of the spice girls 'Wannabe' sound 10 times better.

By the time I was 15 it had been at least 2 years since I’d had bath, and it was defiantly not a regular occurrence. I think when we are older we become obsessed with time efficiency. We prioritise other things, and sometimes they aren't always the things which make us happiest. Well when I was 15 I rediscovered the bath and I absolutely adored it. I no longer had hand-me-down water from my brother, and those rotting bath toys were long gone. I loved the experience of being able to lie down and relax while listening to my favourite tunes. It’s just really peaceful, and is one of those times when you can be alone with your thoughts and enjoy life a little more.

But if you're like me and get a little bored with your own thoughts after a good 10 minutes and need a little something to spruce things up or make bath time a little more luxurious, then I present to you my top six (was meant to be top five but I couldn't decide) favourite ‘Lush’ bath products;

1. Floating island bath melt: Scented with vanilla, lemon and sandalwood. This bath melt slowly dissolves softening your skin and leaving behind a subtle creamy aroma, best for days when you can soak in the bath for hours on end. 


2. Butterball bath bomb: Infused with Cocoa butter which smooths and softens your skin, this sweet vanilla and musk scented bath bomb will add a bit of fizz and pop to your bath. If you enjoy subtle and discreet scents then this is the one for you as it is calm and not too over powering. 

3. Porridge soap: With a zesty citrus smell, this soap is sure to wake you up first thing in the morning. Compiled with oats, these two ingredients work wonders for sensitive skin as they softly exfoliate and leave you smelling fresh for the remainder of the day. 

4. Granny takes a dip: If you find that your bath could do with a little impulsive action then this bath bomb will provide the entertainment with psychedelic colours and patterns. While some may be put off by its synthetic appearance, like all ‘Lush’ products it works wonders for your skin by increasing circulation. Scented with lemon, ginger and pepper, this spicy citrus scent smells good enough to eat. 

5. Creamy candy bubblebar: Although I am not such a fan of the sweet smells and much prefer spice or citrus scents. this bubble bar is too good to resist. It creates thick, creamy bubbles and is perfect to enjoy those cold winter nights with a hot chocolate and marshmallows on the side. It leaves you smelling sweet, long after you've drained your tub! 



6. Dreamtime bath melt: Just as the name suggests, this luxury bath melt will send you off to sleep just as good as any lullaby. Scented with jasmine, lavender and sandalwood, the ingredients will smooth and soften your skin. Perfect for when your skin is feeling a little rough and under the weather.
Enjoy your baths (action-men free of course!)


No comments:

Post a Comment